Our mission is to serve God by serving his people who are in need of spiritual and social services.
The goal of the Community Service – Social Service Ministry is to assist those in immediate need on a temporary basis and make referrals to agencies that provide long term service. The Center aims to continue to provide social service to the church and the Dallas community including providing food and clothing to those in need as an outreach ministry.
The Community Service Department of Good Street Baptist Church has provided social services to the socially and economically disadvantage since the organization of the church. During the Great Depression, the church assisted needy individuals and families with food and clothing and was responsible for administering a government food program.
Past services to the Dallas community includes:
- Two (2) Child Development Centers
- Three hundred (300) unit Public Housing Apartment Complex
- Iron Lung at Baylor Hospital
- Blood Bank at Parkland Hospital and Wadley Center without regards to race creed, or color
- Monthly feeding at the MLK Center for the Homeless
- Annual Contributions to the YMCA, YWCA, Dallas OIC, Dallas Urban League, UNCF
- Sickle Cell Anemia Foundation
- NAACP (Life Membership)
- Foreign Mission
- Lois Faye Wright Foundation
- African American Museum
- Dallas Black Academy of Arts & Letters (TBAAL)
- Dallas Black Dance Theater
The Community Center has continued to operate a Food Pantry daily in conjunction with North Texas Food Bank for more than thirty-three years, sponsor an Annual Health Fair, visit the sick and shut, provide Evangelism Ministry Outreach within the community and assist with benevolence to the immediate need of others. The most recent project included participation in MDHA Metro Dallas Homeless Alliance 2014 Homeless Count Census Project.